Old 04-23-2014, 11:43 AM

I wish the world were more honest like you do, Stan! In the meantime, though, wishing you the best on the upcoming referendum. Independence just feels like the right thing for so many reasons.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:53 PM

I agree Stan, and I hope my question didn't offend you - I just enjoyed the "U.K. for now" byline! I think your cause is just, and I hope the referendum goes well.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM

Thumbs up Thanks to Alethia and Umum

Thank you ladies. Things could hardly be worse with an independent Scotland. Even if it were worse we could try to make it better for all. We already have free medicines on prescription which the rest of the UK do not have, with our devolved parliament.

Back to fun, another 4x5 challenge type to complete before I watch a film. I just love these puzzles!!

Stan
Old 04-24-2014, 02:20 AM

Just noticed our newcomer Schnargle at the top this month. What a performance! And such a quantity too! I wonder if Schnargle sleeps. I venture to guess he/she does them in sleep too! Congratulations Schnargle.

Stan
Old 04-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Default I was stuck with this puzzle and got a hint

I was really struggling to get further with this 4x5 challenge type. What is the next move?

Stan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lp7.JPG (78.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-25-2014, 12:59 PM

Default Clues?

Is there a clue that states that Pegasus was a month after Vicki (Escape) (goblin shark)? If so, then Liberty, Orion, and Osprey cannot be June.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:19 PM

Wow! MicahFFX deduced the clue from the grid state. That's impressive!

If MicahFFX is correct, then continuing on the theme of deducing the clues from the grid state .. it looks like Liberty and hammerhead might be a fixed distance apart (one month).

If Liberty and hammerhead are one month apart, then we have:

Escape, Vicky -> Pegasus
Liberty -> hammerhead

Since Escape and Liberty are in the same category and they are both one month away from Pegasus and hammerhead, it follows that Pegasus cannot be hammerhead.

That will leave only one option for hammerhead.

This is a great new twist on these logic puzzles. Deduce the clues.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:40 PM

Default sorry I lost the clues

I am sorry to both Zenobia43 and Micahffz for having lost the clues. I forgot to copy and paste. I am quite forgetful these days. I hope that senility is not around my corner.

Stan

I'm sure there will be lots of other puzzles where I am stumped.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:51 PM

Well, if you were feeling clueless at the point where you were stumped, then your post was actually quite accurate.

I liked MicahFFX's tactic. Generating clues from the grid state vaguely resembles what one has to do when generating one of these puzzles.

As to the senility ... a daily dose of these puzzles should keep everything working up there for a long time to come.

Looking forward to the next stumper. Especially if you get that rare "Once in a blue moon ..." hint.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 PM

Default Funny Zee

Well you and MicahFFX were clueless too to begin with but that didn't prevent you both from manifesting the clues. I cannot remember what the clues were. I think I did another twenty puzzles after that. Even if I had just finished it, I would be hard pressed to remember the clues.

Stan