Go Back   Logic Puzzle Forums > Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles - The Book!

Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM

Question Checking Accounts

I, too, am having the same trouble as Kkbrain and kirito. "Checking Accounts" puzzle (#125). Anyone? What am I missing on how to determine the last name and account type of Carter and Julius?

Last edited by TeriPSU; 03-17-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:48 PM

If you can post the clues and category labels, we can help. As in previous posts in this thread, if you can post the image of your grid state along with the clues, we can have a go at it.

Let us know if you want the whole solution or just the next logical step.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Default Crab fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Attachment 5

If you've got a copy of Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles and have a question about a specific puzzle, or need a hint, feel free to post here!
Logic Puzzles, Vol.2, p.56, Crab Fishing. I must be missing something but, I've tried 4 times to no avail. Is it me or mistakes in the clues?
Old 08-01-2016, 09:20 AM

Default Apartment Shopping

Hi puzzle fans, I am new at this and recently I got stuck in a puzzle name Apartment shopping. I was hoping that maybe you guys could help me
Old 08-01-2016, 12:13 PM

I would love to help you solve this puzzle but I don't have a copy of the book, so if you could take a photo of your grid and upload it, or scan the page and upload it, then me or someone else could help you!
Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 AM

Hi guys, I've seen others say they flew through Catching the Wind (no. 11), but I am stuck.

I have three possible windspeeds for Gully Gorge and Cap Canyon (160, 164 and 172); and two possible windspeeds for Parr's Peak (160 or 164). I thought maybe I had made a mistake somewhere else but I looked at the answers (covering up the locations) to check I had all the months and years right and I do.

I've been over and over the clues and the grid and I can't seem to see how I can eliminate anything (be it windspeed, month or year) that has not already been eliminated for the locations I have remaining. Those who did it easily - what am I missing?

Gah, nevermind. I've just had a quick look back and noticed an obvious area where I have accidentally ticked instead of crossed a box....all sorts itself out from there!

Last edited by delirious; 04-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:39 PM

Default Puzzle Baron 3, Puzzle 100

Hi all,

I'm stuck on Puzzle Baron 3, Puzzle 100. I've included images of the clues and my grid...thanks for any pointers you can provide!

Last edited by curtisfrye; 08-08-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:49 AM

Clue 5 Vegan lost 2 more pounds than vegetarian.

vegetarians only options are 5 or 7

if vegetarian equals 5 vegan equals 7

Therefore only vegan or vegetarian can lose 7 pounds

Also you have cyclist as not equalling 3lb. this gives you the answer to clue 4. but i think you may have stumbled on this in error.

I do know as to whether this is correct but wont confirm it just yet>

Last edited by ledrat; 08-09-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:50 PM

Thanks, ledrat. Cyclist != 3 pounds was a mistake, and I appreciate you pointing out that only the vegan or vegetarian can lose 7 pounds. I'm still stuck, but I'll keep working through it.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:51 AM

No problem

A bit more help

Clue 7. Says Howard is either weight lifting or a vegan diet.

If Howard is weight lifting his diet will not be Vegan diet but some diet other than Vegan.

So any diet crossed out for weightlifting (apart from Vegan) can be crossed out for Howard

If Howard is Vegan diet his exercise will not be weight lifting but some exercise other than weight lifting.

So any exercise crossed out for Vegan (apart from weight lifting) can be crossed out for Howard.

Then look at clue 3.

Hope this makes sense?

Last edited by ledrat; 08-10-2017 at 06:00 AM.