Old 11-01-2016, 11:51 AM

Default What do you think?

I think that if I think about the puzzle I take a lot longer than if I don't think. Sometimes, no often when I am really busy thinking about the puzzle time flies and I think I did the puzzle quite quickly until I see what my time is. Sometimes I guess I took 75s my result is 130 or sometimes more. You tend to forget the time whilst thinking. In fact while you are thinking about solving the puzzle your mind is fully occupied and you are unaware of the time spent thinking. What do you think?

Stan
Old 11-01-2016, 04:40 PM

If I let my mind wander a bit while I do puzzles I do tend to make better time. Not too much or I get distracted but just the right amount and I speed through the puzzles with greater success.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to AsheSkyler Send a message via Skype™ to AsheSkyler

I'm always slower if I take time to actually enjoy the puzzle. If I ever want to make good time, I never get to read the little paragraph under the clues. Or get to fully read the clues either.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:58 AM

Another way to describe it is thinking is too slow. Or thinking slows you down. When you are actually thinking you leave no space for intuition or knowingness to enter the game. Does anyone else agree? When someone does a 3x4 in under 30 secs they are not thinking they are looking and seeing or knowing.Perhaps Brianhh or chimera can describe what process was taking place when they did their record times?

Last edited by stanstar; 11-04-2016 at 08:04 AM.