Go Back   Logic Puzzle Forums > Logic-Puzzles.org Discussion > Questions About Logic-Puzzles.org

Old 08-03-2016, 07:13 AM

Default I need help with a puzzle but not sure how to go about it?

It's to find coordinates for N and W but it won't let me download the pic.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:38 PM

Default Getting help

There are many puzzlers on this site that can help you if you get stuck.

If you're using a PC, you can use the snipping tool to capture the image of the grid and clues. Snip your current grid state and the corresponding clues.

You can use the dated information in this post: http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/showthread.php?t=352 to learn how to attach an image to or embed an image within a post.

You can also use the hint system. If you haven't yet finished the puzzle, and 24 hours haven't yet passed, you can find the puzzle in the list of Recent Games menu item near the top of the page. The hint system will give you a next step.

If the hint system confuses you, just snip the grid state, clues, and hint, and post.

BTW - If you're using the book, although you won't be able to use the snipping tool, you can take a picture with your phone or camera. As long as you can access that image while posting to the forum, you will be able to attach or insert the image to get help.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:57 PM

https://img.geocaching.com/cache/lar...33bc40aaab.jpg
Old 08-03-2016, 05:07 PM

OK we have the grids now. Thanks!. Are there clues or any statement of objective that go with the grids?

A while back there was a similar post involving geocaching unrelated to this site.

http://logic-puzzles.org/forum/showthread.php?t=957
Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM

Nothing at all is given with this puzzle. That's why I'm at a lose. I've done many puzzles in my area but this one I just don't get.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:14 PM

Here is the entire cache of it helps. https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/...7-e3734057f34d
Old 08-05-2016, 05:02 AM

Default Geocache

Well, I don't have any experience with these geocache hides, so I'll just offer some guesses.

I assume you're trying to find the hidden object and sign the log.

The grids shown look like latitude and longitude coordinates. Along with the other information available on the GC1PVK3 geocache page, I would guess that the object is hidden just west of Donegal or Seven Springs, PA.

If the coordinates are 40.0xxxxN, -79.3xxxxW, the object could be hidden along Indian Creek and accessible from Indian Creek Trail.

I don't know what the "7 benches" means, but I note that the grid column headings are the first seven letters of the alphabet. And maybe the word, "trail", in the geocache heading is referring to the Indian Creek Trail.

What do the Xs and blanks mean in the grid? I can only guess.

I looked at the rectangle formed by 40.00000, -79.30000 / 40.09999, -79.39999 coordinates.

That area has a lot of great places to hide a geocache.

The text of the geocache page hints that the "above coordinates" indicate one place to park. I didn't see any coordinates above that text, so I'm missing something.

One of the log entries had an image from the hide location, and there was a fairly substantial river/creek in the view. It had a distinct bend, and there are several possible matches for that bend in the coordinate rectangle above.

I would need more experience with how these geocache things are encoded/decoded to figure out precisely what the Xs and A-G column headings mean in the coordinate grids.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:35 AM

Gigaba,
In your grid, look at it closely.
Google the schematics of a digital clock.
U will see there are up to 8 letters (A-G) that can light up that will make a number light up.
Draw the schematic and place the letters on the diagram. Now, visualize what letters are used in each row of the coordinates. Those Xs in each row lit up will form a number. That is how a digital clock works.