Old 11-05-2016, 07:36 AM

Default puzzle #28878861 clue error?

Only four clu 2GBes in this one about GB. One clue says Ottis is either 2GB ram or 384 GB hard drive. Ottis is both options but if that box is marked positive the puzzle is wrong.. Natsfan did it and if I remember mahnamahna or fromalabama was the record holder at 35secs. Neither of these 3 solvers commented on it so maybe I am mistaked.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:17 PM

As of this moment I have solved 11,420 puzzles without finding one with mistaken clues . There were times when I thought there was a mistake in the clues but closer examination always convinced me that I was in error and not the clues. Now when I think I see an error in the clues, I just look for the error in my logic .

Last edited by Mule; 11-05-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:12 AM

Hi Mule, if I saw a man today with one ear and a wooden leg and you say you have seen twice as many people as I have and you haven't seen the same man. That doesn't mean that I am having illusions does it?

Stan
Old 11-06-2016, 07:15 AM

Is there a way where I can play that same puzzle again somewhere to check on it ? Maybe the printable puzzles?

Stan
Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanstar View Post
Hi Mule, if I saw a man today with one ear and a wooden leg and you say you have seen twice as many people as I have and you haven't seen the same man. That doesn't mean that I am having illusions does it?

Stan
No, that does not mean that you are having illusions . Nor does it mean that you are not having illusions as these are not mutually exclusive . Your argument is a classic non sequitur . The people you and I saw today are independent events.

In answer to your question about playing the same puzzle again , yes you can but only by playing that same size and difficulty until it comes up again. Once you've submitted a correct answer to a puzzle you can only access it again when it is assigned (which is done when you press the "Start this puzzle " button).

Now this is just a suggestion but what I and my one-eared, wooden legged friends do is resolve our doubts before we submit an answer . Of course this is only when we aren't busy making snarky comments to non sequiturs.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:16 AM

Hi Mule thank you for your comments. I remember that a few days after the admins loaded all the new puzzles they asked us solvers to report any mistakes and I remember a few were indeed needing correction. Maybe my one was one of them although I did say in my first post that either mahnamahna or fromalabama was the record holder of that one with 30secs. They didn't mention any irregularity in the comments so maybe I was mistaken. I do remember that the last few options left Ottis was either one or other of the options left and when I pressed the positive button I had errors. There was only 2 boxes with the errors and I had to press the other one which didn't make sense. BTW the number of that puzzle is not the number I posted as I checked it. That number was one I had not completed.

Stan
Old 11-08-2016, 03:32 AM

The thing to do in these situations is to take a screen shot of the puzzles before submitting. Therefore you can post it to the forums and get clarification if the clue is wrong or as mule said your logic is.
I have on occasion though a clue was wrong until I re-read and I had misread it.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanstar View Post
Is there a way where I can play that same puzzle again somewhere to check on it ? Maybe the printable puzzles?

Stan
It's too late now, but just for future reference, if you click on "Recent Games" at the top, it'll show you all the games you've started in the past 24 hours.